4 Tablespoons of Coconut Oil
2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
2 Tablespoons of Mustard seed powder
1. IMPORTANT: Keep your stovetop to low and you must monitor to keep the seed from burning.*
2. Once the coconut oil melts, add the olive oil and the mustard seed.
3. Stir while the oil simmers, usually about 10 minutes before the seed starts to brown
4. Remove from the stove immediately and let the Mustard seed oil cool down
5. As the Oil cools, it will separate from the Mustard seed.
6. Once the Mustard seed settles to the bottom, pour the separated oil in your glass or plastic storage container
7. You can use a strainer to try and get more oil from the mixture.
I first would pour the cool down oil in a paper cup if you don't have a funnel.
The paper cup will make it easier to place in an oil bottle if you choose to use one.
Watch this oil and do not leave it because the Mustard seed will burn if left too long even on the low setting.
I read that the Mustard Seed oil is perishable. Please store in the refrigerator for approximately two weeks. At the 2nd week, I will use any remaining Mustard Seed oil in my hair cream masque.
Please post to let me know what hair growth oil you plan on using. I hope you will join me in the hair growth challenge. I will keep you posted on my journey.
Stay Curly, Stay Virtuous!!! Happy Hair Day!!!