Green House Effect: It's as simple as sleeping with a plastic cap or shower cap at night. When you awake in the morning, the hair should be damped but not soaking wet. Prior to applying the plastic cap, you can spritz your hair with water or add oil lightly to the ends of your hair as needed.
*Moisture retention increases with continual use
*Increase sebum production which is your natural hair oil that strengthens your hair
*Stronger hair roots can contribute to longer, healthier hair!
Some Hair Don't's with this method:
*Do not aim for soaking wet hair because your hair will be too moisturized and that can break off hair too.
*It's best to avoid oiling your scalp but if you do, only use natural hair oils, and limit the application to once or twice a week.
*If you sweat easily, one plastic cap or shower cap should be sufficient.
*If you do not sweat easily, you can spritz your hair with water lightly and add an additional plastic cap if needed.
Since I did an unexpected"Big Chop" during my first Hair Growth challenge, I wanted to continue with what I've learned so far in hopes of reaching my hair health and length goals. I hope you will join me. As I considered what should be my steps for the next one, I prayed and asked God, the maker of heaven and earth, and even the hair on our heads(lol), and I believe the Holy Spirit impressed the following goals in my mind that will not only help with hair, but with our overall health in mind, body, and spirit! So Let's Go and do this: "More Prayer, More Hair" Lifestyle Challenge!!!
1. Set aside time daily for prayer. Declare scriptures over a specific area of your life that you need a breakthrough to Victory: relationship, finances, health. Benefits: Spiritual strength and vitality which reduces stress and increase your immune health.
2. Do the "Green House Effect" (GHE) for at least 5 nights each week for the first 30 days, and then for at least 3-5 nights each week for the remaining 60 days. Benefits: Moisture retention and stronger, healthier hair. Click above on GHE for more info.
3. Drink 8 cups of water per day. Benefits: Hydration for your body organs and increase moisture for your hair.
4. Take Multivitamins and/or Hair, Skin, and nail vitamins. Benefits: Nutrients to nourish your body from head to toe to improve your overall health. Click below to:
Save on Vitamins and More with Code VOK107 at Iherb
5. Get Moving: Exercise for at least 10 minutes per day. Benefits: Increase blood circulation to deliver the nutrients to your body, including an increase supply to your scalp.
6. Post a comment here at the blog at least once per week to encourage one another, share your tips or struggles, and who knows, you may WIN a random prize just because:) Benefits: Moral support and holding each other accountable, plus fun times with lots of encouragement!
Join the Challenge:
1. Post your current hair length by inches or body parts i.e Chin Length
2. Your Vitamin of Choice
3. Favorite Fitness Activity
4. Any Special Prayer Request
GIVEAWAY PRIZE FOR JULY
By Joining the Challenge, You Could be the E-bay Gift card Winner for the Month of July 2015.
Click here to get the details!
*p.s. Feel free to adjust the challenge as needed for what works for your specific needs i.e. I can only GHE for 2 nights per week.* Before starting any exercise or nutrition program, seek the advice of your doctor.
Happy Healthy Hair & Unlimited Blessings to You!!!!
Stay Curly, Stay Virtuous!!!
Welcome to my natural hair journey! So I've wanted to track my hair health journey for a while and the time is now. I hope this blog helps me to stay motivated and on track. It's been an adventure to say the least, as I have struggled to figure out what to do with my fine, curly hair for over a decade. People would tell me all the time. Girl, you can just wet it and go! But it never seemed that easy to me. Do I have to wash my hair every day? (that wasn't my style) Or Are there any products that work without making my hair look like an old school jerry curl?
So many questions for years......and back then, natural afro hair was not the in-style. Not enough answers available, and I was lost on what to do with my curly fro. The beauticians were lost too. They would acknowledge I had pretty hair, but it was too soft and not thick enough to do anything with. It didn't fit in the box of the hair they were use to fixing (mainly permed back then). I even had a beautician refuse to style my hair because I didn't have a perm! DRAMA (LOL)!
So for the most part, I would just Press my hair and go. It would be in my late 30's that I started to learn a whole lot more about how to wear my natural curls as my style of choice. No more pressing your hair and worrying about sweating it out! Knowledge truly is power. I have yet to learn all there is to my hair, but I have come a looong way. I almost feel like I have my Masters degree in my hair of curls:) I hope to share what I've learned and I hope it can encourage someone else! Yes, we can rock our naturals and it is beautiful!!! So let's be determined to do our very best in every area of our lives. After all, God calls a women's hair, her crowning glory! What are your 2015 Healthy Hair Goals?
All About Healthy Blog
Total Health in Mind, Body, and Spirit! #Goals
I am the lover of your soul. I, Christ Jesus, paid the ultimate price with my life to make you my bride. Will you marry me?
Yes, I,__________, ask for forgiveness of all my sins. I confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. Jesus Christ please come into my heart, and I welcome the Holy Spirit to teach me your ways. Yes Lord Jesus, I am all yours. I give you my life!
WELCOME TO THE FAMILY and Please send me an email!!!
FLOURISH With Living Probiotics